Monday, September 22, 2008

My Grandma and Brecken's GiGi

Today was one of the hardest days of my life. I had to say goodbye to my precious Grandma. She was the most amazing women that I know. She had such a love for people and hearing everyone talking about her today just reminded me of what a sweet spirit she had. These are the things that I will miss most about my Grandma....I don't have enough room for them all, but here are a few:

1. Her calling me on my birthday and singing happy birthday to me and at the end she would say and I really do love you!

2. Hearing her call me her Brandy-Dan!

3. Watching her eyes light up when she would see Brecken....he was her little funny man!

4. Watching her get in the floor and play with Brecken even though I know it took all her strength to do it; but if he asked his GiGi to play with him she would not pass it up. The last time she was at the house they sat in our entry way and she taught him how to play jacks. The best you can teach a 2 year old to play jacks :o)

5. Just hearing her voice and being able to talk to her about ANYTHING!

6. The fact that she will not be here when we welcome our new edition in May, but I know she will be watching over us in Heaven.

I will miss her with all of my heart. I feel like a piece of me is gone. I can't make my heart stop hurting; but I am so glad for her complete healing and her perfect body. I don't feel like I have made much sense, but I just feel like I need to write and write and write some more. Thanks for Listening!

2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I am so sad for you. What special memories you have of a lovely woman. I know they don't replace the person, but at least you have so many to fill your heart and mind with.

adie1983 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet grandma....Drew and I will be praying for your family, please let us know if we can help with anything at all.